Collection: Bodyian Basecoat
At Automax Paints, we are a leading supplier of basecoat products to a range of companies in the automotive industry, including panel beaters and spray painters. When you choose us, you will benefit from the fantastic selection of products that we offer in addition to our competitive prices and high standards of service.
We have a highly knowledgeable team, too, so we can answer any queries you have. If you need help or advice about basecoats and related products, please give us a call on +64 09 276 4911 or email us at email@example.com.
If you know the basecoat product you want you to buy, you can order it any time of the day or night here on our website. Our online store features our lowest prices, it is easy to use, and our checkout process is secure. Plus, we deliver all the basecoat products that we sell anywhere in NZ. Start shopping now.
At Automax Paints, we supply Bodyian Basecoat products across NZ. The benefits of Bodyian include:
- Easy to mix and easy to apply, ensuring you can get more done in less time.
- Can be clearcoated in about 10 minutes, improving productivity in your workshop and saving you time.
- Fast drying, with typical drying times taking less than 20 minutes.
- Uses resin technology that is state of the art, and that improves drying and hiding as well as the overall performance of the basecoat.
- Delivers excellent holdout and image distinction of clearcoat gloss.
- Strong adhesive properties to improve the adhesion of clearcoat to the basecoat
- Effective on a range of substrates including primer-surfacers, plastic primers, OEM finishes, and aged finishes
Start browsing the range of Bodyian Basecoat products that we have available today.
Tips for Using the Basecoat Products that We Supply in NZ
If you have a query about basecoat paints for cars or any of the products in the Bodyian range, please gives us a call on +64 09 276 4911 to speak to a member of our experienced team.
- Thoroughly prepare the surface before applying the basecoat by removing grease and dirt as well as any flaking or lose materials.
- For the best results, make sure you stir the basecoat thoroughly before applying it to the vehicle.
- The set time is around 10 minutes.
- The typical drying time is between 10 and 20 minutes.
- Always wear a charcoal respirator or air mask when working with basecoats to avoid exposure to harmful fumes.
- Your spray equipment should be completely dry before it is used to apply the basecoat.
- Colour differences can occur, even when you use the same product. Using a product with the same lot number reduces the potential of colour differences, but you also need to make sure the application of the basecoat is consistent. This includes ensuring the mixing ratio, application method, and tools are all the same.
- Don't mix Bodyian Basecoat with other products as you may get inconsistent results and performance.
- Where possible, do a test application on a small area before going ahead with the full job. In the test application, check colour spread, adhesion performance, and transparency.